Sunday, December 04, 2005

Some runs are diamonds, this run was stone

So, five days after I'd found out I was accepted, I decided to do my second run. A mid morning one this time, but still out to Oakwood. Remember how I said I felt much more confident after the first run? Well the fact that I don't now should give you an idea of how the run went.

I should have realised it was a bad omen when after about ten seconds of the run I found out that the MP3 player had moved from the usual songs to a "Learn Spanish" mp3 file. On the plus side I did find out more about Spain's Prime Minister - Zapatero - but the beat wasn't so good for keeping a pace...

My legs were apparently still tired from the week's exertions, so it really did hurt a lot. In the end the time wasn't too bad, but the hills really hurt. Still - I think that's probably the most useful sort of run for the Marathon. If what everyone says about the Wall is true, I'm going to have to learn to run through, not just mild discomfort, not even just pain, but the whole body wanting to just shut down. Today's experience was nowhere near that, but a lot closer than the 17k run.

Tomorrow's Frisbee again, so the next run probably won't be till Wednesday evening at the earliest. Until then, adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home