Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Clearing your head

Today was a bad day at the office. Not in the sense of upsetting or hectic, but just that I was bored and couldn't motivate myself. I think it was a combination of overeating and tiredness.

After Ultimate on Sunday I went out for an all you can eat meal with a friend (and ate all I could). Monday was my 28th birthday and I went out for lunch for pizza and then had a huge Indian takeaway for dinner. Tuesday I was a little better, but still snacked too much. The result - I feel fat (not in the psychological sense of feel, but in the physiological sense) and run down.

So, all in all I really didn't fancy heading out in the cold and the dark for a half hour run.

I'm really glad I did though. Yes, it hurt [minor short term stitches] at times - moreso than it has for a long while - but I'm feeling like my head's clearer now and I'm more motivated to take on the Marathon. Which is only two months away remember - and I'm well behind in my training.

Let's hope that I've reached the turning point. That's the last official Winter League event, so no more large scale Ultimate in the near future and only a little over a month before I give up Ultimate entirely till after the marathon - a scary thought. The last time I gave up Ultimate for more than a month was..... well actually it was when we got married - and the likelihood is I'll be out for longer than that. Is it worth it? I sure hope so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home