Saturday, February 11, 2006

A tough Saturday

Were this a different kind of blog, there would follow a very long and venemous rant about why I got up at six o'clock this morning and ended up spending the majority of a very nice day trapped in my office.

Fortunately it's not that kind of blog, so I'll just give the short version. I needed a haircut badly, and I needed to run, and that was my plan for Saturday morning until I found out that I was being asked to work. I knew that I wouldn't want to run after work and that I was desperately in need of a haircut, so I got myself up at 6am to do yet another early morning run - more of a late night really.

I decided that after my supposedly gentle run earlier in the week, where I'd clocked up a PB, I'd try pushing it a little and see what I could get.

The run was pretty uneventful (I'm only doing the Oakwood run to give my knee a chance to receover) and, while quick, I didn't have the motivation of the cyclist on the final hill to keep me going. I came home with a further 17 seconds off my PB and a feeling that I could make quite a big improvement on the time if I was to push it hard - maybe as much as thirty seconds without any real improvement in fitness (only in psychology!).

Tomorrow's Winter League again and I'm pretty sure my knee will hurt, so if you don't hear anything from me in a couple of weeks you'll know I'm a fool. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home