Saturday, January 28, 2006

A month out

It's taken me a damn sight longer to get fit again than I was hoping. I chose to play in Winter League event on the second Sunday of January, which was (in some sense at least) a mistake. My knee started to hurt a lot in the third game of four, and by the time the fourth game came along I could only manage a couple of points before I had to go off and lie down. I was in a lot of pain.

I gave the Tuesday game of Ultimate a miss, but apart from that I've been keeping my other Ultimate commitments and just dropping the running - the result being that I've kept my fitness at a reasonable level, but not my stamina. The knee still hurts, but I felt it was about time to at least test it out - wel lactually I'd already tried testing it out a few days earlier, but I'd found that I could only run for a few minutes. This time I was pretty confident of finishing.

I went out gently, and felt a little nervous halfway through when my knee seemed to be complaining, but it held out and a time of under 29 minutes was quite pleasing - it was only 40 seconds off my best, which is a lot generally, but given it was a comeback run, I'm prepared to be forgiving!

Bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home