Monday, February 20, 2006

Three days running

Well not three days actually *running*, but three days running that I've done sport - and I don't remember the last time that happened - but I'm pretty sure it was before Christmas.

After work runs are always a bit depressing - I think about them for the last few hours in the office and I feel as if I've not eaten for ages, and yet I'm running on a full stomach. Still once you get out it's not too bad.

After the recent good times I was always on a bit of a hiding to nothing with this run - and so it proved. A good time - my twentieth fastest - but not quite at the levels I've run recently.

I'm happy enough though - my knee's continuing to heal, and all the time it feels stronger. Tomorrow will be the fourth day running of sport, and I'm even planning on going to a running session in the evening if I'm feeling up to it. That's a huge improveent since ten days ago, when my knee was hurting after only a single game of Ultimate.

More than two months to go - maybe this isn't such an impossible task. Every day I feel more confident that I can do it. Good runs or bad runs, I still seem to be able to push quite hard and come away with good times. If I can start to add in some distance to that equation then there's every hope of a good time come April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home