Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Brrrrrr!!!!!

On the way home from work it was ridiculously cold - so cold that I didn't want to go back out. I almost opted for the bike, but it's a slippery slope - and running just doesn't mix with slippery slopes....

So out I went, and it wasn't too cold at all. Not warm by any stretch of the imagination, but not too bad. I decided I should make it a quick run, to minimise the time in the cold, so set off at a reasonable pace - not lightning fast, but with an upbeat tempo. Tried to push myself every time I didn't feel like I was at my comfortable limit.

Time was good, especially for an evening run. Eighth fastest run ever, and a couple of the faster ones have come in the last fortnight. It's pleasing to think that in the last three weeks I've been out nine times and scored my 1st, 3rd, 8th, 12th, 15th, 18th, 24th and 26th fastest runs. Nine top 30s in a row. And both of the ones outside the top 20 were in the top 20 when I got them!

I honestly believe the biggest problem now is the cold - it's just not appealing going out for an hour long run in these temperatures. Hopefully life will get warmer soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home