Sunday, March 12, 2006

...and in health

One day later and I'm feeling much better. Still got a sore throat and a running nose, but I'm definitely on the mend. I was half thinking about a Cockfosters run, just because I need to start upping the mileage, but I didn't know whether to risk it since my knees had hurt a little yesterday, and I was still a little ill.

I headed out at a gentle pace - 6m05 to the roundabout. Reached Oakwood just after 13m30 and made a split second decision to go to Cockfosters. It's only another twelve minutes on the run (an extra 2.8 flat kms), so it's not too much of an onus.

Turned at pretty much dead on 20 minutes, back through Oakwood at a shade over 26 and made it home in 39m36s - a new Cockfosters record.

Pleasingly, after yesterday's performance this was my 11th fastest run of all time. Not bad for someone recovering from illness.

With Ultimate now down to just once a week, expect to see plenty of running in the next six weeks. Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home