Monday, March 06, 2006

New shoes

So, as I said, I went out for new shoes on Saturday. After trying out a few pairs I opted for a pair of Brooks. Hazel agreed they were the best option too - mainly because the others were yellow and blue, whereas these were a relatively tasteful red.

The verdict? Well, they're not quite as good as my Nike Max Airs were, as far as I can remember, but they're an improvement now.

Plusses: Wider base, so more support, bouncy, neutral running
Minuses: Wider base seems a little strange, I'm not quite neutral - I notice now that I run a bit on the edge of the shoe, turning corners is a little tricky - they don't grip as well, although I'll get used to it.

More than anything else though, they're new, which means that they're bouncy, which will hopefully help my knees. Clutching at straws?

The run itself was good. I decided to head out to Cockfosters, and made it there and back in a shade under 40 minutes - the best of the three occasions I've done that run. Knees hurt a little, but not too badly, and the worst part was drinking Lucozade while running - I started to drink too much because I wanted to finish the bottle, so I ended up with too much liquid in my stomach and started getting stitches. The result was me slowing down a bit, before recovering at the end.

So now, I just need to decide whether or not to give up the Indoor Frisbee... which is more important to me - Frisbee over the next three weeks or the Marathon?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home