Friday, March 31, 2006

Down and out

Well, my very last Frisbee sessions proved to be a mistake. In the second game of the day, someone smashed into me - the first I knew was when I hit the ground. Result - both shins hurt, right knee and ankle are hurting, my elbows are skinned and I have a massive bruise on my left hip. I still can't work out how I managed to connect all those parts of my body with the floor....

Bottom line is that there's no way I can run the 15 miles I need to before next week, and that means I can't run the marathon. It's going to really hurt on the day - watching all those people doing what I want to do - but better to hurt emotionally than to break myself (and still hurt emotionally!).

So, that's it for the blog. Well, until next year's training. On the plus side, I'm guaranteed a place, so can start my training nice and early. Won't be near any hills either ;)

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home