Sunday, March 19, 2006

Long and flat

So. My new regime. Run longer, less frequently and on flat terrain.

So how did it go? Well, good in parts and bad in parts.

Good points? knees are feeling not too bad, I ran further than I have this year.

Bad points? knees are feeling a little sore, I didn't run as far as I wanted.

Verdict? Not sure. I felt after 8 laps that I should give up on the marathon for this year, but then I seemed to recover, and ended up doing another 4. That brought my total to 10 miles. Not what I was looking for, but close enough to leave me in doubt. If I'd run 15 miles then I'd say I was OK to run.

I actually only stopped running because my back was starting to stiffen and I didn't want to injure my knees compensating. That only happened because I was starting to dehydrate because I didn't want to take any drinks with me. Maybe I'll get Hazel to help out being a water carrier....

So I'm not quite happy with the run, but not unhappy. It was promising - but more than that, well I'll reserve judgement till next week.

Oh, and the blisters on my toes from the new shoes got worse. Hopefully I'll get used to them over the next couple of weeks...

PS 15.7km <71 minutes, 13.3kph. 7th longest, 23 fastest. Just in case you want the stats...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home